29905560

Can am employer insist that I take some of my annual leave

Can am employer insist that I take some of my annual leave in a given period when this is not in my contract of employmenT?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I am afraid that is possible and it is allowed under the Working Time Regulations 1998. They state that an employer can force employees to take a period f annual leave at a time specified by the employer, as long as sufficient notice has been given. The required notice is at least twice as the leave to be taken, so for example the employer wants yo to take 3 days holiday at a given time, they must then give you at least 6 days' notice before the leave is due to be taken

Customer:

Not good news! But Thank You

Ben Jones :

Yes I am sorry, but it is the law unfortunately. All the best

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks