29905560

were do i stand with employer im working with a zero hour

were do i stand with employer im working with a zero hour contract promised my contract 4 times no but they have been puting it of now i have been with the company for 14 month now any help would be much appreciated

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you after - just a contract in writing to define our terms and conditions?

Customer:

were do i stand my employer not giveing me a contract but have been with comany for 14 months well 16 if you coulnt trail months

Customer:

i am on a zero hour contract just now but been promised 4 time i would have a contract with in weeks but never receive one

Ben Jones :

By law you are not automatically entitled to a written contract but as an employee you are entitled to receive a written statement of employment particulars. This is not a contract as such but it would contain many of the terms you would expect to find in a contract. This statement must be given to you within 2 months of starting work. Full details on its contents can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/employment-contracts-and-conditions/written-statement-of-employment-particulars

Customer:

thank you

Customer:

thank you

Customer:

is there away yo push them along with it

Ben Jones :

It is a legal requirement as required by section 1 of the Employment Rights Act 1996 - so you need to remind them of their legal obligations

Customer:

you havent meat my boss

Ben Jones :

well...no, but whoever the boss is, there are legal obligations

Customer:

othere employees that have been there less have been giving one and she employing more staff

Ben Jones :

what happens to others is irrelevant really because you have your own rights as described abive

Customer:

thank you just felt as if the were taking the micky

Ben Jones :

Whether it is intentional or not I can't say but it is just a matter of approaching them and reminding them of what you are legally entitled to

Ben Jones :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks