taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have been continually ill and absent from work, due to problems

Customer Question

I have been continually ill and absent from work, due to problems with my Manager and Colleague, i had to seek medical health due to Anxiety and Stress, and therapy for a year, the situation did not improve and now i have decided to leave the company as i cannot take any more.

Regarding this i have kept detailed accounts of what as taken place over a long period of time, one of the managers here told me once, "things that were happening in the office were out of my control, leave or put up"

I have been told that if i go for another job, my sickness record will be against me, can you let me know if this is correct.

Thank you for your help

Yours Sincerely XXXXX
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is Jenny and I am happy to help you today. Is your question whether your sickness record will impact your ability to get another job?

JACUSTOMER-omstzedo- :

I Taratill,

JACUSTOMER-omstzedo- :

Can you let me have the answer by e-mail, thank you - Regards Mrs K Clarke

JACUSTOMER-omstzedo- :

Hi Taratill, I cannot find the answer to my question?

taratill :

Hello, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was just trying to clarify your question. Do you want to know whether your sickness record will impact your ability to get another job?

JACUSTOMER-omstzedo- :

Yes

JACUSTOMER-omstzedo- :

Can you also let me know if my employer gives me a typed up appraisel which is not the original that was discussed in the meeting, am i intitled to request the original?