29905560

I have been dismissed for gross misconduct, which I am appealing.

Customer Question

I have been dismissed for gross misconduct, which I am appealing. How long should I wait on the appeal?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.Can you please tell me how long have you have you been with your employer

JACUSTOMER-f5a0abfh- :

I have been there since july 2007

Ben Jones :

sorry I was of line.leave it with me I need to look up a few things and then get my advice ready.I will post back on here when done there is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded.

Ben Jones :

Hello again, here is no legally specified time period within which the employer needs to hear an appeal from an employee. The ACAS Code of Conduct, which employers are expected to follow simply states that “appeals should be heard without unreasonable delay”, although this would depend on the particular circumstances, such as complexity of the case, availability of personnel able to deal with it and so on. However long they take to hold the appeal, you do not need to wait for the process to commence or to complete before you decide to take the matter further, such as to the employment tribunal. For example, in an unfair dismissal claim you only have 3 months from dismissal to make the claim in the tribunal and if the employer is delaying the appeal and you are getting closer to the deadline to claim, you can just make the claim regardless of whether the appeal has been heard or not.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Hello Scott, please let me know if I have answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thank you