29905560

I had a grievance raised by an employee against me out of the

Customer Question

I had a grievance raised by an employee against me out of the blue after this employee had been invited to an investigation on conduct on the 26th jan he raised a grievance on 29th January . I have been interviewed and at this interview I questioned why I was unaware of the complaint, was told it was targeted at me.as it is now the 15th April as I have had no further contact from my company since Jan. Today i requested to know what the complaint consisted of.My company have now informed me that this has all been withdrawn. i feel that I should have been kept inform as I was under investigation but nothing.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. The employer does not actually have a duty to provide you with full details of the complaint against you at this time. What happened is that a complaint was made against you, the employer would have then investigated it but whilst they were doing that they would not have had to keep you fully informed. Had you been suspended from work as a result of this, then periodic updates would have been necessary but if you were just allowed to do your work whilst they investigated you in the background. Had they decided to formally discipline you, then they would have had to provide you with full details of the allegations against you as well a any evidence they would use in the process. However, if they have decided not to take the matter any further, then that would be the end of it

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks

Hello John, please let me know if I have answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thank you