29905560

An employee within their 6 month probationary period, who already

Customer Question

An employee within their 6 month probationary period, who already has a verbal warning for using his mobile and social media within the work place has returned from an Easter break.
He failed to work the 2 days from home as agreed before the break - and failed to notify the company of this - resulting in 2 trainees being unable to complete training work. He claimed incorrect and false work days on his time sheet. He also did not return to work on the date agreed, but a day later, with no explaination and after having confirmed with a work collegue that they were meant to start work on the correct date.
On bringing these issues to his attention, and whilst I prepared to execute written warnings that would combine these multiple points to dismiss him, he went to the doctor (leaving work early on his return date), not returning to work and now claiming to be off sick for an unlimited period.
Can I still issue his written warning and termination, or is his 'sickness' now mean I should or could not do this?

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the reason for his sickness?
Ben Jones :

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - what is the actual reason for his sickness from work?