29905560

we have an employers tribunal coming up...we have a lawyer

we have an employers tribunal coming up...we have a lawyer on a no win no fee basis...just had a letter from her to say she will now have to incur extra charges of £150 per hour as our original agreement and likely compensation will not cover her fees...very unhappy with this...what are our options please...we would like to complain and sack her...but will she then bill us for all the work done so far...what rights do we have...can we change lawyers at this late stage...2 months before tribunal date?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. have you signed any contract or agreement with her
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ben yes it was back in the early days...we signed for no win no fee to pay her I think 30% of any compensation payout...since then her estimates of our likely compensation payout have fallen...also we are unhappy she never answers our emails and we have had 1 meeting in 4 months

Ok thank you leave it with me I need to look up a few things and then get my advice ready.I will post back on here when done there is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you...feel we are trapped and the stress is big time...but advice welcome Ben,,,

ok thanks leave with me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How long do we have to wait Ben?

Just on my way back from work so won't be very long at all, thanks for your patience so far
Hello again, and sorry for the slight delay, the time you asked your question is always a tricky one as it is the end of the working day, tying up things at work then having to get home, so can result in slightly delayed answer.

Now to answer your question, you are free to change lawyers at any time, even the day of the tribunal if you really wanted to. Of course the more time they have before the tribunal the better as they will get to grips with the case but it is possible for a lawyer to pick up a case at very short notice and still to a good job.

So if you are unhappy with the service or fees of your current lawyer you may always terminate the retainer you have with her and fine someone else to represent you. It is highly likely that you will have to pay her for work already done so you will need to ensure that you agree with her billing and be prepared in case there are any disputes. In the event that these arise you can complain directly with her or if it is not possible to resolve this issue then you can also take the case to the Legal Ombudsman for a formal resolution.

I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks