29905560

Hello, Im about to represent myself at an Employment Tribunal

I'm about to represent myself at an Employment Tribunal to claim automatic Unfair Dismissal against my former employer.

I understand that anything disclosed in the actual public hearing can be openly reported by the press/media?

My main question is - can l also disclose what has happened to me via social media? Purely to raise awareness about institutional bullying in the workplace (as l wasn't the only one that suffered and lost my job with this particular employer because of it)? Would l be able to approach the media myself during my hearing?

And what happens if other ex- employees wish to tell their own stories of what happened to them on this Facebook page? Because they're all contacting me!

Everything l would say would purely be factual (as per the evidence bundle) so definitely not slander?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you wish to do all of this during the claim's process or wait until the hearing has finished?

Customer: Hi Ben,
Customer: Hi Ben, l believe my full hearing will be the standard 4 days (date still to be set) so can l start on the first day of this hearing? Or do l need to wait until afterwards to disclose anything?
Ben Jones :

Ok thank you leave it with me I need to look up a few things and then get my advice ready.I will post back on here when done there is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded.

Ben Jones :

Apologies for the slight delay, I experienced some temporary connection issues yesterday on. All seems to be resolved now so I can continue with my advice.

I would strongly suggest that you do not get involved in any broadcasting or publicising of the case until it has been completed. Whilst it is true that tribunal cases are public hearings and anyone can attend and report on them, all they would be doing in the process is reporting on what was actually said in court on that day and transcribe it. So if you wanted to discuss the claim you can do so but only by providing a summary of what has happened on the day at tribunal and not to discuss things that have occurred in the past that have led to the claim and which have not yet been made public by the evidence at the hearing. Your full concentration should be on the tribunal hearing and dealing with the tribunal itself, not on broadcasting it online in the process. It may not go down too well with a Judge if they find out so if this is just a 4-day hearing there is no reason why you should not wait until after it has finished and discuss it as much as you want and even draw conclusions reached at the tribunal in your favour, especially if you win.

Hope this clarifies?

Customer: Many thanks for this Ben