29905560

hi i made a verbal complaint at work regarding harassment

hi i made a verbal complaint at work regarding sexual harassment it wasnt dealt with very well and i had to resign i then gave my manager a detailed letter saying why. and stating all that had been said and done to me i have now been called to have a meeting with the personnel officer of the company my manager said she will attend but do you think i should take someone with me thank you .

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you still working your notice or did you leave with immediate effect?

Customer:

hi i left with immediate effect

Ben Jones :

Whether you have someone in with you would depend on the nature of this meeting. If your employer has treated your complaint as a formal grievance and are now holding a grievance hearing, then the law allows you to be accompanied by a colleague or a trade union rep. You can't bring someone with you who is not one of these. So you can contact the employer, ask them to confirm whether this is a grievance hearing or not and request that you wish to take an appropriate representative with you and state who that is.

Customer:

not to sure the nature of the meeting have not been told will contact my manager and find out thank you for your help .

Ben Jones :

you are most welcome

Customer:

sorry to bother you again but this is a very stressful situation for me and the harassment has been awful do you think i should contact a solicitor or wait to see the outcome of this meeting .

Ben Jones :

No need for a solicitor just yet, especially as they cannot do much with the hearing, they can't attend for example to help you, so see what happens at the hearing and then consider your next options

Customer:

thank you so much this has been so very helpful fantastic service .

Ben Jones :

glad to hear, best of luck with this

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'