29905560

I am in the civil service. I have notice that internal competitions

Customer Question

I am in the civil service. I have notice that internal competitions change all the time to fit certain individuals. This time they advertise a post with the clause that employees that are or have been in this post cannot re-apply. Last year the exact same post was advertised without this clause. Three years ago the clause was there again. It is obvious that last year there was an applicant that was in post and wanted to re-apply. Indeed the post-holder gained their position again. Is there any legislation prohibiting businesses from this behaviour. Which one?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

Please note due to it being BH holiday weekend we are not around full time so I am not be able to respond until later today, thanks