taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Good evening. I was dismissed on gross misconduct at the end

Customer Question

Good evening.
I was dismissed on gross misconduct at the end of February & have appealed against the decision. As yet, my company have not responded so I will need to take them to Tribunal. I believe I have to do this by 90 days since I was dismissed but cannot do it until I have given them the chance to respond. My union is working with me.
What advice would you give to this please?
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is Jenny and I am happy to help you today. It is imperative that you raise your claim on time, i.e. the day before 3 months after termination has expired.

taratill :

You do not need to wait for your employer to respond to your appeal, if you do so and miss the deadline the employment tribunal will not hear your claim.

taratill :

If you have any further questions about this please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.