Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

after consultaion i signed a contract to start working a new

Customer Question

after consultaion i signed a contract to start working a new shift pattern in june my employer and union have now changed the proposed shift patterns to different ones and have said the contract i signed is null and void can they do this as i accept they can change my shift pattern but would like consideration of the contract i signed to be part of selection criteria for new shift proposals there are approximatly 100 people involved in this restructure of shift patterns
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today. Has your union got power to negotiate terms and conditions on your behalf?

JACUSTOMER-qg3rnys3- :

yes i am in the union i have worked for my employer for 13 + years

JACUSTOMER-qg3rnys3- :

i am in the union. the original consultations started at the end of march i had a first meeting to discuss my optoins. on the follow up meeting approximately 5th of april? i signed a contract to move from 4on 4off nights to mon,tues,thurs,fri. days.on week commencing 15th of june . on 15th of april we were told to fill in new preference forms for new shift patterns. the contracts we had signed were null and void and for selection purposes we would still be considered as nightshift workers when allocating shift preferences .

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im certainly not happy with the answer which was basically a question for more information im happy for this to continue or maybe add more detail to my question but so far not impressed with what has happened .

I understand. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou i will keep an eye on my emails but if im not satified by saturday will be looking for refund .

not going to rate my responder just yet as i think if i do it will not be fair so will leave all this for now

thankyou again

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?