29905560

When they say I have 42 days to appeal - is this from the data

When they say I have 42 days to appeal - is this from the data of the costs hearing or from the date I received the written judgement (which was a month later)? Thanks

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Could you explain the background a little more?

Customer:

Hi Ben, I was discussing an issue regarding an appeal to the EAT. I really wanted to know if the 42 days period to appeal was from the original date of the tribunal or when you had actually received the written judgement from the court. Thanks

Ben Jones :

Hi, it is actually neither. The 42-day time limit starts to run from the date on which the relevant document is "sent" to the parties, not the date on which it is received or deemed to be received. In the case of a tribunal judgment, the date from which time runs will be stamped at the bottom of the written reasons. So you need to check the reasons for the judgment which you received and the date that they were stamped with – that is when the time limit would start to run from.

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks