29905560

In for filling out an EAT1 form, how much detail do you have

In for filling out an EAT1 form, how much detail do you have to give for your reasoning? I only ask as the space provided seems quite small. Thanks

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Where are you filling the claim - online or on paper?

Customer:

On paper. I am not sure whether EAT1 is just a notification of appeal, or requires all reasonings?

Ben Jones :

You do not need to go into enormous detail, just provide details of what grounds you are appealing on and list these in the relevant section. I know there is only one page included but if necessary you can attach an additional page or two where you continue your grounds of appeal. Just clearly annotate them. Also I have seen my colleague's advice in the time limit for appealing - that is wrong, it is not fro the date you receive the judgment it is from the time it is sent, which as mentioned is the date stamped on it. The relevant rule is here:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1993/2854/article/3/made

Customer: