29905560

I had a cost award made against me by an employment tribunal

I had a cost award made against me by an employment tribunal a few weeks ago. The Claimant is already threatening court action to enforce the order, however, I am preparing an appeal against the award. Question is, how do I fend off court action while preparing an appeal??

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. At first there is nothing stopping the employer from commencing legal proceedings against you for this, even if you have a pending appeal. However, once the claim has been made you may ask the court to consider issuing a 'stay' on these proceedings whilst the appeal is dealt with. This basically means that they will place the claim on hold, awaiting the outcome of the appeal. This may not always happen though and it would depend on the circumstances but it is what you would be asking the court to consider