29905560

My friend and I we have a problem at work. We both work in

Customer Question

My friend and I we have a problem at work. We both work in packaging area. There is a overtime on Sunday but in distribution area. They ask for help in staff from packaging. So Team Leader made a list with all people who wants to come. And there were to many people and limited spaces available so management decided to make kind of lottery. We picked piece of paper with the names from the box. My friend and I we didn't have luck. But next day we found out that Team Leader who didn;t take part in the lottery will go and will do normal worker job.
My friend felt that it's unfair so she went to speak about that with this Team Leader. And she heard: "I'm the Team Leader you are not", when my coleauge mention the money subject that is better to pay normal worker overtime than Team Leader overtime rate she heard: " it's not your problem to worry about" My friend said that she will not leave this like this.And Team Leader finished the conversation with words "I'm the Team Leader and I will do that overtime you will see it".
Both of us we feel now discriminated because of position we have.
Next day we go to talk about that issue with our Section Leader. We had expectation that there will be proper lottery with Team Leader name inside becasue Team Leader goes to do normal worker job. And we heard that it was our Section Leader decision and he will not change it. After that conversation we still were not happy so we go to HR and shortly explain the overtime issue and unfair treatment.
Next day we go to talk about that issue with our Section Leader. We had expectation that there will be proper lottery with Team Leader name inside becasue Team Leader goes to do normal worker job. And we heard that it was our Section Leader decision and he will not change it. After that conversation we still were not happy so we go to HR and shortly explain the overtime issue and unfair treatment. HR cntact our Section Leader who come back to us and said that he explain the situation and subject is close even if we are still unhappy we should move on. I said that all we want it proper lottery with all names inside. And if somebody will tell us before that Team Leader goes to do that job without taking part in competition for some reasons we will understand this and this situation will not have a place. But my Section Leader told me that they don't need to inform us about everyting.
We still don't feel right. For us is discrimination. And I want to know what can we do in that case??

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

Ben Jones :

Hi, not sure if you saw my initial query above - how long have you worked there for please?