Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

I want to set up my own business and I need your advice on

I want to set up my own business and I need your advice on it how I can do that
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

JGM : What Is it that you want to know?
Customer:

firstly I want to explain the scenario if you kindly allow me to do so

Customer:

I was working for a company for more than 10 years and the company trade is to provide temporary accommodation to local authorities . In March I resigned from the company and in april I received resignation acceptance letter whilst I was employed I opened a company about a year ago but I did not traded soon after I left the job I started to run this company .my ex employed came to know that I was having a company and they were suspicious that it was trading whilst I was employed

Customer:

they called me to ask about this company weather or not it was trading , in order to keep things simple I scan the bank statements and sent to them in order to clear their doubts

Customer:

and soon I have resigned from that company and made someone else as the director coz I was thinking maybe they might take any legal action

Customer:

now can the new director run this company employing me in the same trade as my ex employer of providing accommodation to local authorities

Customer:

r u there

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
OK?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Nothing you have said would incline me to advise that you ought to have resigned as a director nor that you are able to trade in competition. There is no covenant stopping you from doing the same business as your former employer.

As I already indicated you are free to trade as you wish.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the confidentiality covenant which I sent you does it includes the local authority contacts which my ex employer is dealing with

or can I use these departments of local authority for my business ?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes it would technically but it would not stop you from approaching the local authority in the normal course of business.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

does it means I can carry on with the business with local authority with the same company

I was thinking I should change the company as the ex employer came to know about the formation of this company in case if they want to get an injunction against it.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
They have no grounds for an injunction.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much sir your advise was really helpful . I was thinking so many ups and downs against it and today after speaking to you I was relieved . if I want to take an advise from you what should I do

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You can accept this answer and if you need me in the future ask for JGM. I am happy to have helped you.
Experience: 30 years experience as a solicitor.