Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

I want to set up my own business and I need your advice on

I want to set up my own business and I need your advice on it how I can do that

JGM : What Is it that you want to know?
Customer:

firstly I want to explain the scenario if you kindly allow me to do so

Customer:

I was working for a company for more than 10 years and the company trade is to provide temporary accommodation to local authorities . In March I resigned from the company and in april I received resignation acceptance letter whilst I was employed I opened a company about a year ago but I did not traded soon after I left the job I started to run this company .my ex employed came to know that I was having a company and they were suspicious that it was trading whilst I was employed

Customer:

they called me to ask about this company weather or not it was trading , in order to keep things simple I scan the bank statements and sent to them in order to clear their doubts

Customer:

and soon I have resigned from that company and made someone else as the director coz I was thinking maybe they might take any legal action

Customer:

now can the new director run this company employing me in the same trade as my ex employer of providing accommodation to local authorities

Customer:

r u there

OK?
Nothing you have said would incline me to advise that you ought to have resigned as a director nor that you are able to trade in competition. There is no covenant stopping you from doing the same business as your former employer.

As I already indicated you are free to trade as you wish.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the confidentiality covenant which I sent you does it includes the local authority contacts which my ex employer is dealing with

or can I use these departments of local authority for my business ?

Yes it would technically but it would not stop you from approaching the local authority in the normal course of business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does it means I can carry on with the business with local authority with the same company

I was thinking I should change the company as the ex employer came to know about the formation of this company in case if they want to get an injunction against it.

They have no grounds for an injunction.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much sir your advise was really helpful . I was thinking so many ups and downs against it and today after speaking to you I was relieved . if I want to take an advise from you what should I do

You can accept this answer and if you need me in the future ask for JGM. I am happy to have helped you.