29905560

Hello, my work place has ask me in for a consultation. I have

Hello, my work place has ask me in for a consultation. I have request both the job description of my new post and the line managers post(the one my assistant has been appointed to). They only give me mine and refused to provide the other as "PBS Compliance Manager post is not included within the ISSS restructure I do not believe it would serve a useful purpose to send this to you." Will Data protection support me in requesting one?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I am afraid you cannot rely on data protection legislation to get a copy of your manager's job description. This is not personal data that relates to you - the manager would be able to get it for himself and of course you could get your own job description but I am afraid you cannot use it to get personal information about others.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there any legit reason then?
The employer does not have to disclose this document to you - there would be no legal obligation on them to do so in any situation. You can of course ask the person directly for this and if they want to they can share that with you, but the employer is not required to do so.

If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you