29905560

is an employer entitled to award a zero hours contract and

Customer Question

is an employer entitled to award a zero hours contract and then not issue any hours to be worked or is there a minimum amount of hours and a minimum period?

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Unfortunately there is no guarantee to any hours, hence the name 'zero hours'. It could end up with no hours being given at all and it basically is used as a contract that the employer could rely on an as needed basis, so if the employee is needed they can be asked to work but if they are not then they do not have to be offered any hours, not even one
Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position?

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks

Hello Ian, could you please let me know if I have answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this – this is needed so I can either keep the question open or close it if no further advice is required? Thank you