29905560

I had a heated discussion where my boss embarrassed me shouting

Customer Question

I had a heated discussion where my boss embarrassed me shouting at me one to one in an office within ear shot of my colleagues. I have just e mailed them this morning my resignation, and asking them to confirm receipt and what they want me to do regarding a show next weds in Arizona I was due to attend. I have sent the e mail from my business account that has now been stopped and also my private e mail account. I have asked them to confirm by close of business today is there anything else I need to do please?

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you resigning with immediate effect?
JACUSTOMER-wdh99568- :

I am Ben yes

JACUSTOMER-wdh99568- :

I have given them 4 weeks notice although I have only been with the company 2 months

Ben Jones : It is best to try and ensure the resignation reaches the employer so if you do not think your email has gone through it could be wrong following it up with a letter, either posted or had delivered. In it you should state that you are resigning with immediate effect as you are treating yourself as having been constructively dismissed.
JACUSTOMER-wdh99568- :

Ok if they dont reply to me by close of business today, what do I do regarding my e mail confirmation, I know they have it as they have stopped all my work e mails

Ben Jones : That could still be valid. It was only if it was not received that you should try the letter
JACUSTOMER-wdh99568- :

Ok so should I ring them or text my boss or just wait for them to confirm

Ben Jones : They may not confirm so nothing to lose by confirming by text or calling them
JACUSTOMER-wdh99568- :

Should i Text my resignation as well

Ben Jones : No need to do that. Email and/or letter is sufficient
JACUSTOMER-wdh99568- :

I am sure they have received as my work emails have now stopped to coincidental I think, so I mentioned to them about confirming what they want me to do about a business trip to Arizona next weds, am I legally covered by e mailing this information, and asking them to confirm what they want me to do.

Ben Jones : Do not assume it has gone through. I suggest you confirm on person I possible or had deliver a letter knowing it will be delivered
Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Hello John, could you please let me know if I have answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this – this is needed so I can either keep the question open or close it if no further advice is required? Thank you