29905560

I have walked out of my new job after 2 days. I havent signed

I have walked out of my new job after 2 days. I haven't signed a contract and I am not on the payroll, are they likely to sue me? Or can they sue me?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Were you even given a contract to consider?

Customer: Yes I had a contract, but I hadn't signed it and nobody from the company has either.
Ben Jones :

Did the contract have a notice period for termination?

Customer: Yes it was 1 week. Would this matter though as neither party has signed the contract?
Ben Jones :

It could matter but the fact you were only there for 2 days would be in your favour. It is possible to imply your acceptance to a contract and its terms if you had started to work under its terms and had not signified formally you did not agree to it. But just 2 days is quite unlikely to give rise to such an argument.

Also it is highly unlikely you will be sued by the employer. There is not much they can sue you for – the worst they could do is pursue you for the notice period, or more specifically any losses they have incurred as a result. This could include fees for getting a short-term replacement at short notice to cover your duties. However, if that was not necessary then there are hardly any losses they can pursue you for. Also it is very rare for employers to make such claims, it is simply not worth their time and money. So I would very much hope this goes no further.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else forr you in relation to this? Thanks

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks