29905560

Ive just started work and have been there two weeks. There

I've just started work and have been there two weeks. There is a six month probaton period. I've just today found out I'm pregnant do I leave or can I carry on until the end of the probation period or can they finish me when they find out as iI'll probably bee shwing s signs by then

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Your employment rights should not be affected by your pregnancy. You must be allowed to continue with the work and the employer cannot use your pregnancy to terminate your employment, otherwise it would amount to discrimination, which is unlawful.

Ben Jones :

They could try and find other reasons not to pass the probation but it cannot be linked to your pregnancy and if you believe that this was the actual reason for any potential termination then you will be able to pursue this further as discrimination by the employer

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks