Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 20+ years legal experience
30932268

My husband has been suspended from work for gross misconduct.

Customer Question

My husband has been suspended from work for gross misconduct. He has been sent a letter stating that his charge is "miss gross conduct" for "bid management." While he has not yet been invited for his disciplinary meeting at what point should he employ a solicitor?5
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex H :

My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Alex H :

What is being alleged against your husband?

JACUSTOMER-hjv2lzyp- : Essentially he is unsure of what they are referring to and is not aware of anything that he has done wrong. A different team were continually under performing and he sent an email around the business saying that he was disappointed with their work. That was Friday afternoon and on Monday morning he was suspended in lieu of an investigation.
Alex H :

OK that doesn't sound like gross misconduct but they should disclose more information before a disciplinary meeting which should make the position clearer. Your husband can certainly speak to a solicitor now to obtain some advice but the solicitor will not be able to accompany him to a meeting. Only a work mate or union rep can attend. Once the process is complete, if your husband is unhappy with the decision, he can take further legal advice on making a claim to the Employment Tribunal.