29905560

Does my employer have a requirement to keep my job applications

Does my employer have a requirement to keep my job applications and assessments for interview for internal posts? If so, can I ask to see them.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Unfortunately there is no legal obligation on the employer to retain your job applications and assessments for any period of time. They may choose to do so and most employers retain these whilst you are employed by them or for a certain period of time but this is entirely at their discretion and they would not be breaking any laws if they fail to retain them.

Customer: Thank you. I am rated by their own assessment processes as 'fast track' or strong performer. Others with less rating are offered interviews and I'm not. I'm consistently asked to participate or lead large critical projects and am told I deliver. How can I find out why I can't secure interviews? Our company policy is we don't give feedback unless interviewed.
Ben Jones :

you can ask for any personal data stored by them about you but only if there is actually anything on file, which as mentioned they do not have to do. The issue is if this is all done verbally for example, there would be no evidence or documentation they have to disclose as they only have to disclose what is stored on a filing system, such as computers or personnel files

Customer: Thank you!
Ben Jones :

you are welcome