taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have applied for voluntary redundancy. I returned paperwork

Customer Question

I have applied for voluntary redundancy. I returned paperwork (an agreement) to my HR department for the college's signature (it had been signed by myself and my solicitor) . They removed a section from the paperwork which was attached after the signatures of myself and my solicitor and then sent it to senior management for completion. The attachment was an agreement to pay outtsanding overtime pay - this was not mentioned in the body of the contract. I was not consulted regarding this change. Do I have to accept the agreement in it's revised state on the grounds that I had already signed?
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is Jenny and I am happy to help you today. Was the agreement you refer to a Settlement Agreement?