29905560

Hi there I work for a company called Essex Pass they help

Customer Question

Hi there
I work for a company called Essex Pass they help find people to work for vulnerable adults, i have been working for her via them for 4 years. I have not got a copy of my contract I am hourly paid and gave Essex Pass an hours notice.
It has taken them from monday 30th June when I called them tip today to email me at 1pm saying I need to contact the girls mother to get them to confirm that I have quit. I also told them that our communication has broken down, how can they do this? I did send the mother an email stating I am quitting due to financial difficulties relating to the extensive milage on my car which is expected of me. Please help me as I feel that I am trapped in this contract??

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

What are they expecting you to do exactly - serve a long notice period?

JACUSTOMER-77koe21r- :

Hi Ben

JACUSTOMER-77koe21r- :

They want me to contact the girls mum and get her to confirm that I quit. Surely I contacted Essex Pass and the mother and quit, why do I need to contact the mother?

JACUSTOMER-77koe21r- :

the mother has refused my resignation three times before. now that the work is effecting me financially that I am working for in effect £1.88 per hour i cannot even afford to get the car maintained

Ben Jones :

no one can reject your resignation - if you resign that becomes automatically valid as soon as it is submitted. Who you resign to depends on who the employer is - if your employer was the company then you would have to to resign to them, otherwise if the employer was actually the individual, you would be resigning to them. The notice period you need to give would depend on whatever is in your contract, in the absence of anything in there you would be expected to give a week's notice though. That should not generally be an issue as there is not much the employer can do to pursue that apart from pursue you for any losses incurred, which would be minimal and hardly anyone actually makes such claims. There is no harm in contacting the mother herself and informing her you have quite, remembering that she cannot reject your resignation

JACUSTOMER-77koe21r- :

I have not got a copy of my contract. so have nothing to go on, i have asked on numerous occasions to have it and she won't give me a copy.

Ben Jones :

if that is the case then the risks of walking away are rather low to be honest

JACUSTOMER-77koe21r- :

I have contacted the office who say they just pay the wages. I did email the girls mother (employer) saying I am quitting. the office said they have not got a confirmation and that I need to contact the mother and ask her to give them confirmation.

JACUSTOMER-77koe21r- :

sorry what do you mean

Ben Jones :

sorry my signal will go any minute I will respond this eve as soon as I get it back, thanks b

JACUSTOMER-77koe21r- :

I have emailed the mother (employer) and the office that pays me surely that is good enough that I quit?

Ben Jones :

if you have informed both parties then that would be sufficient for your resignation and as mentioned once it has been submitted it would be valid, it is not possible for anyone to reject it and force you to continue working there.

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Hello Irene, could you please let me know if I have answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this – this is needed so I can either keep the question open or close it if no further advice is required? Thank you