29905560

I am on a fixed term contract which is due to end on 31 July.

Customer Question

I went through an internal interview process where, along with other colleagues, I was not appointed to one of the Management posts, though my qualifications and knowledge are in excess of the job requirements. My current post is at PO5 grade and the post I applied for was PO4 grade with a drop in salary of £850 pa.
The specific issue I have is over the process and the procedure of the interview:
> The Job Description had 45 points, but there were only 6 questions asked at interview which did not cover the Skills, experience and knowledge for the post. Instead it was based upon the Co-operative Council's required 'behaviours', rather than the skill set of the candidates (ie Knowledge, qualifications, Experience)
> The post was in a Youth Offending Service. Nobody on the panel had a relevant qualification in the field of social work, youth justice, or probation
> One member of the panel was drafted in at the last minute; the composition of the panel was different to the interview panel of the other candidates, who at least had a qualified social worker on the interviewing panel

After the interview, the panel interview notes have been withheld and I have been told that I have no right to an appeal against the decision not to appoint me. The Union have advised me that this is incorrect and that I have a right to access to feedback and a copy of panel's notes and right to appeal to an independent panel. I have made these requests, but I have had no response back in 10 days, other than @the matter is with HR'.

Q: On what grounds can I challenge the decision internally (or externally via a tribunal), given the very short time that I have left before my contract ends?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola

That's fine..but if I could get something back for this Friday morning that would be helpful.

Douglas

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Jenny and I am happy to help you today. When did your fixed term contract start?