taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Hi I have been employed by the same business for 2.5 years

Customer Question

Hi I have been employed by the same business for 2.5 years on Friday we were given for the first time written terms of employment to agree unfortunately they are not reflecting what we agreed verbally however there is a bigger problem in the terms they have provided they constantly refer to themselves as a limited company I have checked with companies house the company name they say is not registered to them and they are to my knowledge operating as a self employed partnership , is this fraudulent and what does this mean for the validity of the contract .
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you raised your concern about the identity of the employer with them?

JACUSTOMER-k9hl9273- : I did ask them when they gave me the written terms when they become limited and I did not get an answer from the business owner
JACUSTOMER-k9hl9273- : However they are still pressing me to physically sign the terms
taratill :

you stated that the paper contract does not reflect the verbal agreement can you explain this in more detail?