29905560

My firm had a without predujice conversation with me and moved

Customer Question

My firm had a without predujice conversation with me and moved me into a new role I have now had words with a manager who made a previous complaint about me and the company secretary wants to have a meeting with me to discuss my circumstances within the firm what could this mean ?

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
JACUSTOMER-qjt4jkuo- : 6. Years
Ben Jones :

Hi, sorry I was offline by the time you had replied yesterday. It is difficult to guess what the employer’s motives are in relation to having this meeting worth you to discuss your position in the company. There could be various reasons and only the employer would know what these are and I presume they will become evident once you have that discussion with them.

For example, they could be looking at discussing your future employment with them and whether that is something that both you and the employer see as being an issue. If there have been matters of concern, whatever they may be, sometimes an employer may wish to discuss the option of an employee leaving the company amicably in return for a settlement. The employer is free to raise this option with you and allow you to consider this but you cannot be forced to leave if you did not want to (unless they can then find a fair reason to justify dismissing you). So it could be that they have considered whether to offer you a financial settlement to leave and that you are given the option of considering that if it is something you believe is for the best in the circumstances.

At the same time, it could be less serious where they just want to discuss different opportunities in the company, for example whether the job you were moved to is suitable and perhaps discuss any other positions they may have.

But I hope you understand that at this stage it is difficult to guess their intentions and it could be a whole range of reasons they want to meet with you. You therefore have to see them and discuss what they want to talk to you about and evaluate your positions as things become clearer.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks