taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Hi My sons employer has just sacked him, his employer has told

Hi My sons employer has just sacked him, his employer has told him that its not for personal reasons, but for financial reasons, he has not had no notice regarding the sacking, no written warnings or verbal warnings, his employer has just said that a couple of mistakes were made when sending materials out, he sent my son home Thursday and told him that he will phone him Friday, no phone call was received Friday so My son phoned the employer back up, to which the employer told him he was busy with a customer, no phone call was returned over the weekend, My Son has just been down to see his employer and the boss told him that due to financial issues he can not see a future at the company for my son, my son did not have a contract in place, he has worked for the company since January 2014, have we got any legal rights regarding the way this has been done.
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Does he believe that he is being discriminated against in this decision?

taratill :

Hi even if he does not believe he has been discriminated against he is entitled to notice pay of a weeks pay plus a payment in lieu of untaken annual leave. This is the case even without a contract.

taratill :

He should ask his employer to pay him this money. If they do not then he can bring a claim in the employment tribunal using the form he will find at www.employmenttribunals.gov.uk.

taratill :

If he believes the decision amounts to discrimination on the basis of sex, race, age religion, disability or for raising a health and safety complaint then he may be able to claim for compensation for the manner of his dismissal. Please let me know if this is the case and I can advise you further.

taratill :

I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.