taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Hi. Can you please tell me how many days holiday Im entitled

Hi. Can you please tell me how many days holiday I'm entitled to based on the following. I have handed my notice in and my last day will be Wednesday 6th August 2014.
I'm a full time employee working 5 days and 37.5 hours a week.
I contractually get 25 days holiday (not counting bank holidays which are extra)
the holiday year runs from 1st Jan to 31 Dec each year.
If I have taken more than my earned entitlement up to 6th August will my employer deduct that from my final paypacket?
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. If you finish on the 6 August you will have accrued 17 days in this leave year. You should be paid any outstanding accrued leave if relevant.

taratill :

Your employer may only deduct untaken holiday if the contract expressly allows them to do this.

taratill :

I have calculated your leave entitlement by dividing your annual leave days (25) by 52 the number of weeks in the year and then multiplying by 32.5 which is the week in which your notice will end.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer.

Customer:

Thanks for this...If I had holiday owing based on your answer i assume I am not entitled to be paid for these days in my final paypacket?

taratill :

Yes you are entitled to payment for outstanding accrued holiday under the Working Time Regulations and should receive it in your final payment. If you do not you should ask for it to be paid. If it is not then you can bring a claim in the Employment Tribunal for the money.