Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 20+ years legal experience
30932268

i work a 4 day on 4 day off system in a security job. for the

Customer Question

i work a 4 day on 4 day off system in a security job. for the past 3 years i have had 22.4 days annual leave. my employers are now telling me it should be 19.6 days. can you please tell me what annual leave i m allowed
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex H : My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex H : by my calculation the correct leave for a 4 day week is 22.4 days.
Alex H : You can use this calculator to check your entitlement: https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-holiday-entitlement
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Do you need any further help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they are saying i only work 3.5 days a week because of the 4 days on 4 days off system does this affect your answer

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
If you work 3.5 days the leave is 19.6 days

If you work 4 days the leave is 22.4 days

To calculate how May hours a week you work you need to work out an average over 17-weeks.

To calculate your average weekly working time you should add up the number of hours you worked in the reference period. Then divide that figure by the number of weeks in the reference period which is normally 17 weeks.

This will then help you to work out whether you are working a 3.5 or 4 day week.