29905560

I am launching a cleaning business in the UK. I would like

Customer Question

I am launching a cleaning business in the UK.

I would like to effectively subcontract the cleaning staff - basically I will sell the services, then assign/offer the work to the cleaners to go and deliver the service.

I cannot (at this stage) pay to have full time staff, as in the early stages I expect the pipeline of work to be limited. What are my options here?

If I were to send jobs to cleaners under a sub-contracting arrangement, what are the implications on my business and how it is run? e.g. would the cleaners be able to send others on their behalf (as they are self-employed) if they cannot make a job.

I will be providing exclusively domestic services. Ideally I would like the staff to where a branded t-shirt and provide the cleaning materials also (their pay will be extremely competitive with plenty of buffer to provide the cleaning products)

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What specific concerns do you have about this arrangement?

Customer :

Hi Ben

Customer :

I would like to understand how I can subcontract the staff on a regular basis. E.g. the jobs could be every day, so I need to have an arrangement where I am sending work to the staff regularly.

I would like to know whether this is legal and if so what the contract should say. My other questions and concerns were stated in the original question but I can elaborate if required.

Basically I want to ensure that I when I start selling work that I am operating within the UK law.

Ben Jones :

Hi, this is quite a complex are especially if you need wording in a contract and certainly not going to be covered by the current value you have selected for the question which is the lowest available. For example I can provide a self employed contract which you can amend and use as necessary but I will have to send a report for the question value to be amended, you should get that shortly

Customer :

Hey Ben, ah I appreciate that this is complex and am happy to take your steer - wasn't sure how the payment system worked! Seemed a bit arbitrary what was a low or high detail question?! Anticipating your response.

Ben Jones :

Hi, not sure what you see as an option on deciding whether it is a high or low detail question but this would be high detail so once the payment has been adjusted to reflect that I will b happy to assist, thank you

Customer :

Hi Ben - when I logged in yesterday it asked for an additional payment of $15 and this was made 24 hours ago - has it not come through to you?

Ben Jones :

Hi, no I am afraid the value is still the same, you may wish to contact [email protected] to query that, or you could ask for this question to be closed and then just open a new one for my attention with the new value. Thnaks