taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Good morning I have been with my current employer since 2005 I

Good morning
I have been with my current employer since 2005
I am currently off work on stress Leave, since May2014
In March 2014 i was requested to submit a grievance against the organisation i currently work for.
This will be my second grievance, first in 2009/10 cited
Lack of promotional opportunities, bullying, isolation, harassment and overbearing management,
The second grievance will be the same but will including theft and damage to my personal items.
in line with company policy and procedure i reported unwanted attention and incidents only to find the perpetrators unpunished, in one case promoted
the very same management/personnel team who dealt with the 2009/10 grievance would be handling the second grievance, so i don't feel that i would get a fair hearing.
i have requested in March 2 detailed information in line with management contract( which applies to all non-union members)
i have given them 4 reminders for a full response to information requested to this date i have nothing
i have joined the union and have given them detailed information on what’s going on and asked them to intervene and support me with union and legal advice to keep me at work, as I’m losing money
i have asked organisation security and welfare for help but was supported in line with company
my councillor says it's organisational racism and wished me good luck?
Could I be advised on where I stand as as I want to be at work earning full salary without interference that affects my job and working relationships?
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.

taratill :

Can you explain whether you believe that your employer is being racist in failing to deal with your grievances or whether the issues you have suffered at work (i.e. the thefts) are racially motivated.

Customer:

I am the only black male in the depths whenever I challenge over bearing decisions I get isolated ostriside. I had racial material left on my bench when I complained I was persuaded not to complain I did and my life was made more difficult further ostriside confidentiality breeches

Customer:

A black female apprentice joined along with a white male when I complained about the way the female was treated I got further harassment and isolation from management personnel and work colleagues. last year I suffered two personal tragic events and unpleasantness got worse when I gave specific examples to management and personal I not being heard and they just want to talk about my carrer

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Hi have you raised a grievance specifically about the racist incidents?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not raised a grievance specifically for racist incidents as my employers haven't given me th information I requested four months ago

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Can I clarify whether this is a public sector organisation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is a public sector organisation

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is a public sector organisation part funded goverment

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
If you have not done so already you should make a formal request for the information that you require under the Data Protection Act and under the Freedom of Information Act. Your employer should have an officer who deals directly with formal requests and the request should be made to that person. If they still fail to provide the information you can notify the Information Commissioner. You will find contact details at www.ico.gov.uk
I would also suggest you raise a grievance prior to obtaining the information. You can raise the grievance both about the racism and about the failure to provide information and deal with your issues appropritatley . You can state that once you have received the information you may want to add to your grievance.
Ultimately if they do not deal with your grievances adequately you may be able to resign and claim constructive dismissal and also race discrimination.
If you have any further specific questions please do ask and all the best with this.