taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Hi, when on maternity leave I know that holidays are accrued

Hi, when on maternity leave I know that holidays are accrued (by law), does this apply to bank holiday that happen when on maternity leave also?
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you asking if you should be paid or given extra days in lieu of bank holiday days?

Customer: I will be on maternity pay, but where bank holidays occur (ie Christmas Day, or August bank holiday Monday), do I get to accrue these days and then take extra days next year?
taratill :

What is your overall number of days in your employment contract?

Customer: 22 days, plus 8 bank holidays
taratill :

Is that the wording used in your contract?

Customer: Yes, 22 paid holiday plus 8 bank/statutory days
taratill :

Ok thanks, ***** ***** case you will accrue them as they are a contractual entitlement and it would be maternity discrimination for you not to accrued them over the period of maternity leave.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please ask. if I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.