Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 20+ years legal experience
30932268

Are those people who gives advice on the eployment in CAB are

Customer Question

Are those people who gives advice on the eployment in CAB are real solicitors or just people who were trained ?
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Alex H : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex H : it would be very rare and unusual to find a solicitor at a CAB office. Usually the advice and assistance if from trainer advisers who are non-lawyers. But there are solicitors giving help voluntarily so it is possible. You will find a solicitor at a Law Centre (or a law firm obviously).
Customer:

Unfortunately I can afford a lawyer fees. Are the qualified to give an accurate advice about employment law or they knowledge is restricted . I need a help and I am not sure if CAB could really help me in this matter .

Alex H : They are certainly trained to give legal advice but this will only be general advice about the law and procedure. If you have a complex legal problem then you should go to a qualified lawyer. I appreciate that cost might be a problem but you might be able to see a lawyer for an hour or two to discuss your problem and thus limit the amount of money you spend.