taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

my boss has decided to ask us to reply for our jobs. I have

my boss has decided to ask us to reply for our jobs. I have been employed by them for 37 YEARS i think this is unreasonable. Also he is offering us a new contract of employment and a drop in wages.of about 100 pounds a month. Because he is taking away attendance bonus and shift allowance.
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Why has your boss said he is doing this? Are the jobs you are being asked to apply for exactly the same as your existing jobs?

Customer:

the jobs are exactly the same.

taratill :

Ok what reason has your boss given for asking you to do this? Is he reducing the number of jobs?

Customer:

yes and he says FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMPANY

taratill :

Ok thanks so has he said that it is a redundancy situation and you will be paid a redundancy payment in the event that you are not successful when you apply for your job?

Customer:

NO THERE IS NO REDUNDANCY PACKAGE IF THERE WAS ID TAKE IT I NEED THE EXTRA MONEY FOR TRAVELLING TO WORK AND HOME

taratill :

Ok what your employer is doing is unlawful, they cannot make you reapply for your jobs in this way and take away money and bonuses without giving 12 weeks notice. You should raise a grievance about this and say that if he does not rethink you will have no alternative but resign and claim constructive dismissal.

taratill :

In the alternative if you do not want to resign you can claim unfair dismissal in the event that you are unsuccesful in your interview.