29905560

Hello there, around 6 months ago I was dismissed due to

Hello there,
around 6 months ago I was dismissed due to Gross misconduct. I'm a university student and when I'll finish my degree, I will try to find a job within different sector than my previous job. I want to hide the fact I worked there.
Is there any legal way to pursue my previous employer to withdrawn data about my employment?
I worked there for a short period of time, less than a year.
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I am afraid you cannot force the employee to remove data about you which reflects your employment with them. They have the right to retain that for a reasonable period of time. If you do not want to include your history there you could simply not list them on any future applications but it could be lying as you will be missing out factual information. Instead you could try not to use them as a reference. But I am afraid you can't just erase the past like that - this is what happened and there will be records that will continue to exist about this

Customer:

Do you think it could change anything if the company change the owner? And is it not possible to make any type of request to get rid of that? I was trying to appeal from that decision but previous employer just ignored me and I didn't enjoy the opportunity to go to tribunal. Also I would like to know for how long records could be kept. Thank You

Ben Jones : No one can predict what may happen if the owner changes but legally it won't make a difference, it is up to them really. There is nothing stopping you from asking them to delete the records but you just can't force them to. Legally they could be kept indefinitely bit most would remove them after 6 years max, sometimes sooner
Customer:

Thank you for quick answer

Customer:

It seems like, you have to answer to allow me to leave the rating, thank you.

Ben Jones : Sorry there is a bug we get sometimes. You can just type your choice here instead thanks
Customer:

excellent service, thanks