29905560

Hello, Im on a 6 month rolling contract and not a permanent

Customer Question

Hello, I'm on a 6 month rolling contract and not a permanent member of staff, they say I need to give 4 weeks notice, but I have a job offer of a permanent position and I am worried the notice period might put my offer at risk, what is the law surrounding this issue?
Thanks, Jamie

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

How long have you worked there for?

JACUSTOMER-4rir0q4o- :

About 18months

JACUSTOMER-4rir0q4o- :

And hello :)

Ben Jones :

OK thank you, please leave it with me. I am in a tribunal today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you this afternoon. There is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you

JACUSTOMER-4rir0q4o- :

I keep receiving emails every hour asking me to rate a answer you haven't given me yet :) could you please make it stop? thanks, Jamie

Ben Jones :

Hi, sorry for that, it appears these are system-generated messages and I have no control over them. Hopefully now I respond they will stop. Just to clarify – do you have a written contract in place and if so, does it stipulate a notice period you must give to leave?