29905560

i was working for a catering company as a driver in northwest

Customer Question

i was working for a catering company as a driver in northwest london for two and a half years, started on a part time contract in november 2011 up until august 2012, then because of me going to collage and needed the flexibility, i moved over to a zero hour contact until november 2013. I was then given a full time contract, The company merged with another catering company in south london, the contacts were continued over onto that company, i started with the new place after the merger on the 1st June this year.
On the 7th august last wednesday i was in the van about to drive home from the yard when a college (another driver) said to me in passing that one of the front tyres looked a bit low on air, i didn't think it was anything urgent and went on to drive home, the next day i went out to drive to work the tyre was flat. I called the office and they asked if i could change the tyre, which i could, so i agreed, then they said it wasn't worth me coming in by the time i would have changed it, so to take the day as a holiday day or be unpaid for it, so i had no choice but to take it as a holiday day if i wanted to get paid. I then after changing the tyre next day went into work completed my day and after i finished, got called into the office and said they were going to 'let me go' because of this tyre incident, i was completely shocked by this but was told to leave that day. I might add i have never had any verbal/written warnings or anything on record what so ever the whole time iv worked there, they gave me no notice period or anything just told me to leave that was it...
I consider this completely unfair and believe this to be grounds for unfair dismissal especially as i have had nothing at all in writing ever from them
any opinion to if i have a valid case on this would be great
Russell

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

What do you hope to achieve please?

JACUSTOMER-ul4gehw7- :

i should like to know if i have legal ground to take this further because it just doesn't seem right what they've done...

JACUSTOMER-ul4gehw7- :

Hello im Russell by the way

JACUSTOMER-ul4gehw7- :

?

Ben Jones :

OK, thank you, please leave this with me - I will look into this for you, get my response ready and get back to you on here. No need to wait around and you will get an email when I have responded, thank you