29905560

Allegations have been made about me been paranoid at my work

Customer Question

Allegations have been made about me been paranoid at my work however no positive investigation has been carried out by the HR employers but a referral to occupational health to deal with this is this the right procedure for an employer can I go to the police and make a complaint of bullying and harassment
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer:

since 2009

Customer:

Hello Ben

Customer:

I have a diagnosed disability and my employers took away my laptop and made me sit a test which I failed because I could not use any other computer. I have challenged them re=policy's procedures ethics and behaviour now it is going to a mediation or it may go to a tribunal

Customer:

I was signed off work with stress from my doctor in FEB 2013 I went back to work on the 28 July 2013 as employers said that they would reduces the stress However they did not I encountered more pressure, inundated with more work Team leader talking about me at work when other could hear. I have kept all emails paper work and additional information BUT they started to really put pressure on me when I called access to work, Remploy for assistants to put reasonable adjustments in places for me to sit the test again

Customer:

I was told by HR that I could not carry out the test any were eels except their head office but I carried out the test in my home with my PJ on at 6am in the morning why are people so cruel to each other I loved my job.

Customer:

Employers sent a ref to Occupational Health saying I was exiting behaviour I only found out all of this on the 1.8.2014 information that I should have been given at the being to challenge my employers then I found out that my team leader had told HR that I was paranoid that made HR send the ref to Occupational health . No positive investigation was carried out by HR management regarding this untrue allegation yes I am cross but do not want revenge only justice for the bullying and harassment made by team leader and I need to know if I can go to the police as they take bullying seriously

Customer:

My doctor signed me off with ill health and depression it has been 6 months now I cannot sleep without taken medication why why do people hurt each other for what in 20 years time this will al be forgotten ?

Customer:

How do you communicate unsure were to send

Ben Jones :

Hi, sorry I was offline when you replied earlier on. This is not a criminal matter that the police would be interested in. This is really an issue that needs to be pursued internally at this stage. Your options are to raise the matter through a formal grievance first and allow the employer to deal with this through the grievance process, where they would hold a grievance meeting and then come to a formal decision, the outcome of which you can appeal if necessary. After that you are looking at one of two options:

• You can just make a claim for disability discrimination if you believe that you have been treated detrimentally due to your disability or if the employer has failed to make reasonable adjustments to assist you

• Alternatively, if you believe that you can no longer continue working there as a result f this, you an resign and make a claim for constructive dismissal and disability discrimination alongside it

But do not get the police involved in this – it is not a criminal matter which needs to be reported to them, this is an employment issue.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

Hi Ben

Customer:

I am attending a mediation meeting soon I do have a solicitor who is going over the complex case, as I have been signed off wok with stress in 2013 then went back to work but employers made it difficult for me my doctor signed me off again since feb 2014 not back at work as I do not trust them any more. I have just found out that Occupational health had submitted a report to my employers without me seeing this in 2013 I have just requested my medical records in August and I am looking over them. The information which had been written I have not said BUT.. my union rep has spoken for me with out my consent where do I stand on that subject please

Ben Jones :

what has the union rep said about you?