29905560

Im being forced by my employer to go on a training course which

Customer Question

Im being forced by my employer to go on a training course which is not part of the terms and conditions of the role I was originally hired for.The job I have been asked to do is a job that requires me to get certification renewed as it ran out in march,i first done this as a favour for the company 6 years ago and continued to do it for the past 6 years without complaint.I informed my HR department today that I did not wish to renew my certification and asked them to give someone else the opportunity to gain the skills.After exhausting negotiations with management and HR today I was given the ultimatum either I do it or I will be disciplined possibly to a level of termination of my employment,when I asked why I was told that as I have been doing it for 6 years it has now become part of the terms and conditions of my employment.As I have a contract in my possession that has no mention of this on it,i would be grateful for your advice on this matter as we have no union to turn too.im keeping my mind on the fact that this isn't a small company,in fact its one of the largest oil companys on the planet and I don't want to lose my job.If I know its legal what they are doing then I will accept the fact and get on with it,but I really did not think for a minute that this wasn't a breach of my right of choice on my personal education and life choices.Thanks
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did you ever dispute having to do this job over the last number of years?
Ben Jones :

Hi, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Did you ever dispute having to do this job over the last number of years?