29905560

good morning. I have an employee returning from maternity

good morning.
I have an employee returning from maternity leave, who will be reducing hours from 47.5 a week to 34, Monday to Thursday.
Her current leave entitlement is 32 days - 24 plus bank holidays. To calculate her new entitlement do I simply take 71.57% of 32 (as she will be working that percentage of the full time equivalent hour) and give her that - ie 23 days, to include bank holidays on days worked?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How many days per week did she work before maternity and how many will she work after. Please as it is the bank holiday and I am mobile there may be a delay in responding but I will get back to you this afternoon. Thanks
Customer:

Ben

Customer:

She worked M - F 8 till 6 with a half hour break. She will now be doing M - T 8.30 till 5.30 with a half hour break.

Customer:

Customer:

Tim

Ben Jones :

Hi Tim, many thanks for your patience. At present the employee is getting more than the minimum holiday entitlement by law, which for a full time worker is 28 days. So she gets the minimum plus an additional 4 days on top of that. A part time worker is entitled to a pro rata entitlement based on the days they work. So if she is now going to work 4 days instead of 5, she will get 4/5ths of the minimum statutory entitlement, plus any additional days which she was entitled to by the employer. So this makes her entitlement 22.4 days for the statutory part of her holidays, plus the 4 days that she gets from you, making her entitlement 26.4 days.

Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

Ben

Customer:

many thanks for your help - that all makes sense..

Customer:

Customer:

Tim

Ben Jones :

are welcome, all the best