taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have worked for a company for 6 months now,i am only on a

I have worked for a company for 6 months now,i am only on a temporary contract.but i have been told when i have worked 6 months that i should have a permanent contract.
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Was it your employer who told you that or someone else?

Customer:

Some one else who is a manager for over 20 years.

taratill :

Ok I'm afraid that's not correct. Your employer has no legal obligation to make your contract permanent at all I'm afraid. In fact until you have been employed on fixed term contracts for at least 2 years you do not gain full employment rights.

taratill :

I am really sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the information you have been given is simply incorrect.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer.

taratill :

Thank you and all the best in the future.

Customer:

Thank you for your help.

taratill :

No problem, please remember to rate my answer as I am not otherwise credited for my time. Many thanks