How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 48189
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Hi Ben Following on from my last two questions I was wondering

Resolved Question:

Hi Ben
Following on from my last two questions I was wondering the following:
If I have been made redundant, and there are no more people in the business who do my particular job. Then, my employer employes more people with similar skills to mine to carry on working on the projects I had started. Do I have grounds to complain?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
Ben Jones :

Hello again, sorry just to confirm - you have only been working there since the beginning of this year, is that right?


I have worked there from the 1str of February.


I have worked there from the 1str of February. I think I know where you are angling.


You need to have worked there for more than 1 year before they need to consider continuity?


This knowledge was gained from my last employment, through the normal understanding of work. Not as part of any dispute.

Ben Jones : Yes so the issue is your length of service. It is actually 2 years to be protected against unfair dismissal so the employer can do what they have done and you cannot complain further than an internal grievance unfortunately. You can be replaced for more or less any reason, you can be made redundant even if they just replace you with someone else doing the same job, because you cannot make a claim for unfair dismissal yet you cannot challenge what they have done I'm afraid
Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you


Sure this clarifies well. Thank you.

Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you