29905560

Hi Ben Following on from my last two questions I was wondering

Hi Ben
Following on from my last two questions I was wondering the following:
If I have been made redundant, and there are no more people in the business who do my particular job. Then, my employer employes more people with similar skills to mine to carry on working on the projects I had started. Do I have grounds to complain?
David.
Ben Jones :

Hello again, sorry just to confirm - you have only been working there since the beginning of this year, is that right?

Customer:

I have worked there from the 1str of February.

Customer:

I have worked there from the 1str of February. I think I know where you are angling.

Customer:

You need to have worked there for more than 1 year before they need to consider continuity?

Customer:

This knowledge was gained from my last employment, through the normal understanding of work. Not as part of any dispute.

Ben Jones : Yes so the issue is your length of service. It is actually 2 years to be protected against unfair dismissal so the employer can do what they have done and you cannot complain further than an internal grievance unfortunately. You can be replaced for more or less any reason, you can be made redundant even if they just replace you with someone else doing the same job, because you cannot make a claim for unfair dismissal yet you cannot challenge what they have done I'm afraid
Ben Jones :

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

Sure this clarifies well. Thank you.