taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have issued you a grievance against my company for bullying

Customer Question

I have issued you a grievance against my company for bullying and their have taken over 6 weeks to investigate and the outcome has no reasons to explain their findings or solution. I have requested to see all interview notes from all that where interviewed and some have refused but this is about me and in my personal file can I have these and also should I have a copy of the investigation report with the letter
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for and have they given you any reason for refusing this information?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did reply I have worked there for 9 years and never done anything wrong my whole team turned against me and I was isolated out after bullying and harassment. All apart from my 4 team. Members are allowing me to have the notes but if there on my personal file I must have a right to see what they have said about me

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes you do have a right to have the information held on your personnel file and you also have a right to have access to the information relevant to the allegations you have made. I would suggest you write and ask them now to send you a copy and if they do not you can make a formal request for the information held in your personnel file under the Data Protection Act. The employer may charge you £10 for providing this information and must provide it within 40 days of you making a formal request. If they fail to do so you can report them to the Information Commissioner for breach of the Data Protection Act. You will find the information about this at www.ico.gov.uk
In addition the fact that they are failing to address your concerns properly gives you the right to appeal against the outcome of the grievance hearing.
If you have any further questions please do ask. IF I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
taratill, Solicitor
Experience: 15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will this investigation report and notes be on my personal file.

also have a legal right to see the investigation notes and interview notes. I have some but the main people regarding my bullying are my 3 team.members and my manager have refused for me to see them

Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
Yes you have the right to all information about you that the employer has, whether it is physically on the file or not.