29905560

Hi BenI was redundant last month after 17 years services

Customer Question

Hi Ben
I was redundant last month after 17 years services and my employer is withholding my severance payment due to breach of compliance. Compliance breach being sending confidential, proprietary information to personal email account.
On 9th of July, my line manager forwarded an accounting policy document to my work email for an urgent work. I contractually work from home couple of days a week and on this particular day I was working from home. I needed to print this document as guide to the work requested as I wasn't familiar with that particular policy. Working remotely I cannot cannot to my home local printers so I needed to forward to my personal email account to allow me to print it out. By sending that email, there was email from compliance to explain why I did that for which I confirmed this to my line manager that I needed to read from hard copy. I was asked to confirm by compliance that I understood the compliance policy for which I agreed.
On my last day of work, 7th of August, I sent attachment to my my personal email account training documents which included similar information. This was for me to read and educate myself on areas of accounting that I needed retraining and these again are accounting policy documents of how different banking products are accounted for in IFRS. This was only for Education and personal development. I was asked by my line manager to delete the files and I subsequently sent email to confirm they have been deleted and reason for the documents.
This act was taken as compliance breach and severance pay is withheld until further investigation.
I received a letter yesterday asking me to come into the office to demonstrate that the files have been deleted and sign an attached undertaking to that effect and write I response to the following:
1) written explanation why the confidential information was sent to my personal email account
2) confirm I have not disclosed or communicated any of this information
3) take steps to set out in the undertakings
4) confirm by signing the undertakings
The point they are raising is that on the 9th July I confirmed that I confirms that I understood the policy and despite the assurances we committed the same breach a month later.
Would you please assist me in guiding my responses to the above.
Unis
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. As we do not offer a drafting service here all I can do is look at any response you have already prepared and provide some guidance on that, but I cannot assist with the initial drafting of anything I'm afraid.

JACUSTOMER-m3x8ugry- : Ok. I will draft a response and send review and guidance thebn
Ben Jones :

ok thanks