How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 47355
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have been summarily dismissed and have asked to appeal against

Resolved Question:

I have been summarily dismissed and have asked to appeal against the decision. Can I take someone with me and if so, does it have to be a work colleague (now ex) or a trade union official, or can I take someone from outside?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 years ago.
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. You are only allowed to take in a trade union representative or a work colleague. Anyone else would not be allowed to attend, unless the employer agrees to it, which is rare. SO friends, family, lawyers, etc are all not allowed to accompany you to such a meeting and you only have the two options above


Ok thank you for your help Ben - at least I know now

Ben Jones :

you are welcome


Ok - thank you Ben at least I know now


Trying to rate you but the ratings are all blocked out so won't accept my answer - but it would have been excellent!

Ben Jones :

many thanks, ***** ***** process at our end, all the best

Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Employment Law Questions