taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I was diagnosed with dyslexia in 2007. I informed my employer

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with dyslexia in 2007. I informed my employer of this in 2010 but after repeated requests for help over the years nothing has been put in place to help me. I am now struggling to cope with my job. I am on work related stress and have been for eight weeks. I have worked for the same company for 26 years
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you raised a formal grievance about this?

Customer:

Customer:

Not yet. I know I have a time limit to do this. I have contacted my union but they are dragging their feet

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
You need to raise a grievance on the basis that they have failed to make reasonable adjustments to support you in the workplace and that this amounts to disability discrimination.

YOu should state that this has caused you stress at work and has resulted in you having to take time off.

If you are a member of a union I would suggest you phone and ask to speak to a senior officer. If you are not able to return to work they may be able to assist you ultimately in reaching a settlement if you cannot return to work.

If you have any further questions please do ask..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will get back to the union. Apart from the discrimination part my manager has also been threatening and putting extreme pressure on me to reach targets. this is the reason I am off work with stress.

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Ok you must raise this in your grievance too. All the best with it and do come back to me in the future if you need to.