taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Hi,I have been working for an IT company for four years

Customer Question

I have been working for an IT company for four years in a sales lead role and handed my notice in at the beginning of August, with the expectancy of working until the end of September.
During the 4 years I worked for them, I found that as the years went by, my figures slowly declined and decided I would attempt to in conjunction with my spouse and a freind, to open a business which was incorporated in April 2014.
I have been contacting my clients on a loose basis to let them know I was leaving and that I would be slowly starting a sepearte venture. Some have in turn decided to continue liaising and dealing with me at the new entity.
When I started work at my current employers, I actually brought accounts on board from another entity. They have discovered the new entity and although I have asissted in its incorporation, they advise I am in breach of contract working two jobs since may and will be taking me to court. I have not been paid from the new entity generated and am worried of the implications I may face.
I'm hoping someone can assist me with how I can mediate this scenario?
Thanks a mill
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill : Hello my name is Jenny and I am happy to help you today, is your employer likely to suffer a financial loss as a result of your actions?
JACUSTOMER-8zfy5n1e- :

Its difficult to say. I was under the radar already in regards to my performance and they would be losing around an average of £2000.00 in profit

taratill :

Hi over what period would they lose £2000,00, is that a total figure or per month?